- 1 Best Cheap Sleeping Bag For Backpacking 2018 – Buying Guide
- 1.1 Top 4 Best Cheap Sleeping Bag For Backpacking
- 1.1.1 1. TETON Sports Celsius XXL -18 Degree C – 0 Degree F Flannel Lined Sleeping Bag
- 1.1.2 TETON Sports Celsius XXL 0-Degree Sleeping Bag Features and Specifications
- 1.1.3 2. Coleman Big Game Sleeping Bag with Pillow
- 1.1.4 Coleman Big Game Sleeping Bag with Pillow Features and Specifications
- 1.1.5 3. Coleman Dunnock Large Cold-Weather Sleeping Bag
- 1.1.6 Coleman Rocky Mountain Sleeping Bag Features and Specifications
- 1.1.7 4. Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable Sleeping Bag
- 1.1.8 Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable sleeping bag Features and Specifications
- 1.2 Different Types of The Best Cheap Sleeping Bag For Backpacking
- 1.2.1 1. Lightweight Sleeping Bag
- 1.2.2 2. Fleece Sleeping Bag
- 1.2.3 3. Ultralight Sleeping Bags
- 1.2.4 Conclusion
- 1.1 Top 4 Best Cheap Sleeping Bag For Backpacking
Best Cheap Sleeping Bag For Backpacking 2018 – Buying Guide
If you are on a budget and looking for a good sleeping bag, then you can consider looking at the best cheap sleeping bag for backpacking. When camping with your family you want to make sure that your sleeping bag is good to keep it nice and warm and has the proper insulation to do so. Now a double sleeping bag is meant for two adults, but if you have a small baby, I’m confident that you can put your baby beside you comfortably while you sleep. That is if they all want to sleep together on your camping trip: ). You might want to take into consideration when camping temperatures can really draw unexpectedly at night.
Also take into consideration the actual quality and durability of the sleeping bag you purchase since it’s probably not just a onetime investment in you plan on using it for more than one camping trip.
Top 4 Best Cheap Sleeping Bag For Backpacking
The TETON Sports Celsius XXL 0-Degree Sleeping Bag is an excellent and oversized sleeping bag that is ideal for camping activities. It is designed to offer 0 degrees and filled with SuperLoft elite four channels. This channels feature hollow fiber insulation. This helps keep away the chill out on spring, fall and summer evenings. Accessing the TETON Sports Celsius XXL 0-Degree Sleeping Bag is simple and easy. This is made possible with the zippers that are located on both the left and right side. You are only required to unzip the two bags that are together and then create a double bag that can be used by couples.
The TETON Sports Celsius XXL 0-Degree Sleeping Bag comes with all whistles and bells of fashionable and classic bags. Some of the features associated with this bag include zipper and shoulder baffles, interior pocket for storage of keys and valuables, an oxford nylon and adjustable mummy hood. The oxford nylon is meant to aid the easier packing process as it ensures high compression. This bag usually comes in olive green, blue and black colors.
TETON Sports Celsius XXL 0-Degree Sleeping Bag Features and Specifications
- Adequate space. Being an oversized sleeping bag you are assured of adequate space for you to sleep.
- Super insulation. This bag features super insulation that ensures a comfortable and warm sleep. This is made possible with the SuperLoft fiber insulation that is ideally designed for warmth creation.
- Easy access. You have the liberty to access your bag at any time. This is aided by the left and right side zippers which allow you to zip the two Teton bags into one.
- Interior storage pocket. It features an interior storage pocket for holding keys, wallet and items that you may deem necessary in your move.
- Durable. A long lasting bag designed for long term use.
The Coleman Big Game Sleeping Bag with Pillow is an amazing sleeping bag that ensures that you stay warm in your slumber on the hunting and camping adventures. This sleeping bag is unique. For instance, it is rated as low as 5 degrees Fahrenheit. It offers ample comfort; this is made possible with the five pounds of Holofill 808 insulation. Such kind of insulation delivers hollow-core, high-loft fibers which are designed to offer protection to the body by maintaining the heat and holding extra air inside hence good warmth. The Coleman Big Game Sleeping Bag with Pillow is a super king-sized sleeping bag that is rectangular in shape and measures 85 by 45 inches. This sleeping bag usually fits sleepers up to 5 inches, 6 foot. It features ZipPlow, this features is meant for preventing zipper snags. This is achieved by plowing the fabric away from the zipper. Other features associated with the Coleman Big Game Sleeping Bag with Pillow include, cotton Flanner liner, heavy duty cotton and attached pillow. All these features are meant to guarantee the performance of the sleeping bag. It has a unique set of ComfortSmart sleeping technologies that ensures you enjoy a comfortable and warm sleep. This is our choice for the best cheap sleeping bag for Backpacking.
Coleman Big Game Sleeping Bag with Pillow Features and Specifications
- Super insulation. This bag is usually filled up to five pounds of insulation made from Holofill 808. This guarantees comfort and warm sleep throughout the night.
- Included pillow. It comes with a cotton flannel pillow. This adds to more convenience.
- FiberLock. This feature is meant to prevent the insulation from any chance of shifting. It also increases durability.
- ThermoLock. this is meant to reduce heat loss that may be through the zipper and thus keeping you warm
- Comfort Cuff. This is made to surround your face, add warmth and softness.
- Roll control. This is a unique feature that is meant to lock your sleeping bag in place and thus ensure easier rolling.
The Coleman Rocky Mountain Sleeping Bag is a unique sleeping bag that is innovatively designed and manufactured by use of modern technology. It offers optimum performance. This is evidenced by the comfortable and warm sleep. The comfort can be attributed to 4 LB Coletherm Insulation. This type of insulation is exclusive and thus delivers adequate comfort and warmth to the users. The Coleman Rocky Mountain Sleeping Bag is a long lasting sleeping bag. This is so because the materials used are tough and have minimal wear.
For instance it is made from polyester which has wide applications in this area. It offers easier convenience; this is made possible with the ZipPlow that prevent snags. The Coleman Rocky Mountain Sleeping Bag is uniquely designed and meant for use in cold weather conditions. It features a roll control. This feature is meant to lock the sleeping bag in place and thus guarantee easier rolling. Another important feature associated with the Coleman Rocky Mountain Sleeping Bag is the FiberLock which offers protection to the insulation against shifting. This also increases durability greatly. It features a quickcord. This feature is essential as it enables easy and no tie closure.
Coleman Rocky Mountain Sleeping Bag Features and Specifications
- Adequate insulation. It features 4 LB Coletherm insulation. This type of insulation is unique and may not be found in the traditional sleeping bags that are in the market. This guarantees comfort and warmth.
- Durable. A long lasting sleeping bag ever made for long term use. This is so because it is made from durable materials that are tough and have minimal wear.
- Roll control. This is used to lock the bag in control and therefore ensure easier rolling.
- FiberLock. This feature is meant to prevent the shifting of insulation and thereby increase its durability.
The Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable sleeping bag is a small sleeping bag that is ideal for long treks. It can be used for camping, hiking and in unbearable weather conditions. It is ultra-compact and can be compressed down from 12 by 7 by 7 inches. This is possible when in the stuff back. This means that you can use the Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable sleeping bag anywhere as you can easily fit into the bag in the hiking pack without the need of using your pack space.
This sleeping bag offers adequate comfort and warmth. This is made possible with the 100 percent full interior lining made from polyester ripstop. This is further aided by the double layer construction and high performance microfiber insulation. The construction materials of the Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable sleeping bag add up to 30-degree F temperature rating. This explains why this sleeping bags the best choice for camping during spring, summer and fall camping trips. Other features associated with this sleeping bag include draft tube, utility pocket and full chest baffle. It is important to note that this bag is easier t maintain. This is so because it can be machine washed.
Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable sleeping bag Features and Specifications
- Ultra-compact. This is a unique design that may not be offered by other sleeping bags in the market. This guarantees portability and convenience.
- Comfort. With super insulation and double construction you are assured of comfort and warmth as you sleep.
- Durable. Long lasting sleeping bag ever made. It is made for use in a couple of years before replacing the bag.
- Draft tube and utility pocket. These features may not be found on the traditional sleeping bags in the market. For instance, the utility bag can be used for accommodating your keys, wallet and any items that may be necessary during the move.
- Easier to maintain. This is possible as the sleeping bag can be machine washed.
Different Types of The Best Cheap Sleeping Bag For Backpacking
1. Lightweight Sleeping Bag
Lightweight sleeping bag is a must to bring if you are preparing for a camping trip or other adventure. Especially if you are not going to experience cold temperatures, a lightweight sleeping bag can be perfect because it provides comfort without being excessively warm. Generally, if you are looking for this sleeping bag, you will get one that has a lightweight silk floss or spun polyester lining, as opposed to a heavier down filling. It is soft and easy to transport, but contains enough insulation to provide comfort and warmth while sleeping.
The price of lightweight sleeping bag will increase for a high quality bag because it can be a good buy for people who need the extra quality. However, many people who use a sleeping bag infrequently can be just as satisfied with less quality and expense. Mainly, you should consider the temperature of your destination when choosing a one. Choose one that will keep you adequately warm for the temperatures that you expect to experience on your trip.
Keep in mind that easy care and maintenance are important when choosing a lightweight sleeping bag. Make sure that you choose the one that can be cleaned when necessary, and fortunately, there are certain types that are more suitable for wet conditions. For example, a polyfill or other synthetic filled bag will dry much faster if it gets wet than one filled with goose down. Goose down, although an excellent filling that is common in high-end bags, also should be cleaned professionally instead of being machine washed at home.
Size is also a consideration when choosing a lightweight sleeping bag. Make sure the one you buy is large enough to provide space and comfort while sleeping, but not so large that it makes it difficult for you to retain body heat. Lightweight sleeping bag is insulated in a way, so that it traps the body’s heat to keep a person warm. If the bag is too large, it is more difficult to retain this type of heat.
If you are specifically shopping for lightweight sleeping bag, you might consider getting a mummy style. This style is generally lighter and easier to carry, and can be stored in a very compact fashion, which makes it take up less space in a backpack. If you prefer a rectangular sleeping bag, try to find one that compacts nicely without taking up too much space, and look for efficient insulating materials that provide warmth without adding extra bulk to the sleeping bag.
2. Fleece Sleeping Bag
Fleece sleeping bag is a good choice for a sleeping bag for indoor use, either by an adult or a child. It is also suitable for sleeping in an outdoor tent in a warm summer night. The different types of the best fleece sleeping bags available:
A lightweight liner bag with a comfort rating of 55-degrees Fahrenheit, this fleece sleeping bag is ideal for warmer conditions.
Just burrow down into this warm and versatile nook and come out revitalized for the next day’s journey. This is a multi-function sleeping bag with wind and water-resistant nylon shell and comfy fleece lining zips are fully open to form a generous blanket. It also comes packed in fleece lined nylon stuff sack which inverts to form a pillow.
3. REI Midweight Fleece Bag Liner – Rectangular
Just slip this liner inside your rectangular sleeping bag to increase its warmth and use liner on its own in warm-weather conditions. This sleeping bag even has full-length, separating zipper that allows liner to be unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket.
Also, this fleece sleeping bag has convenient tie-strings at foot make it easy to roll up, secure and take along. Its features also include nylon stuff sack with fleece base for use as a pillow and machine washable for easy care.
This fleece sleeping bag is the perfect universal sleeping companion. It is constructed of quality 100% polyester fleece. With its easy to carry compression sack and lightweight materials, it is ready to go anywhere, anytime. It comes with roll straps to easily place back into its stuff sack. Indeed, it is perfect when faced with pre-slept-in bedding (i.e. hotels and condos.)
This is a way to keep baby snug as a bug. Ergonomically designed, this 5 layer, 14 oz polar fleece sleeping bag is designed to fit infant car seats, strollers and joggers alike. A unique replacement to snowsuits and blankets that tend to slide, this will keep your baby comfortable wrapped in a blanket when out and about. Indeed, it is designed with the active parent in mind. Fortunately, it is also easy cleaning and wear resistant.
3. Ultralight Sleeping Bags
Ultralight sleeping bags are a perfect choice for lightweight portability and heavy-duty warmth when you are hiking or camping. Thus, if you have ultralight sleeping bags, a sudden cold cannot catch you and your back does not break or freeze during your camping adventure.
When choosing ultralight sleeping bags, the first decision that needs to be made is insulation type. There are two types of insulation used in sleeping bags; down insulation and synthetic insulation. Many lightweight high quality bags are manufactured by brands like Mont Bell, Integral Designs, Golite, Big Agnes, and Rab.
Synthetic insulation is the best choice for wet conditions because if the insulation gets wet, loft is not affected much so it will still insulate. Another advantage of synthetic insulation is you can dry clothes out overnight inside the bag. Synthetic bags cost less but tend to weigh more and do not compress as well as down. Unless it is likely your bag will get wet, down is the best choice.
Mountain Hardwear Ultralamina +15 Sleeping Bag – Long is one of ultralight sleeping bags that can be your right option. This sleeping bag provides unrelenting performance in cold, damp environments.
Different from other ultralight sleeping bags, it has thermic micro fill that is warm, compressible and durable. Its performance is in cut mummy shape that saves weight by reducing girth at shoulders, hips and lower legs while increasing thermal efficiency. It features dual entry half-zips that allow the user to sit up and cook or read while staying warm, comfort footbox that is shaped to allow feet to rest naturally, face gasket and tailored hood seal in warmth, shoulder-level internal zippered pocket that keeps eyeglasses, flashlights or other small items handy. It is also completed with nylon stuff sack and nylon mesh storage sack.
Another option of ultralight sleeping bags is Sierra Designs Wicked Light 45-Degree Regular Men’s Down Ultralight Sleeping Bag. Its lightweight shell material and premium 800-fill goose down allow you to craft a warm-but-featherweight sleeping bag. However, that skimping on details will only result in a poor night’s rest, so the Wicked Light is dialed out with removable pad locks, continuous baffle construction, and snag free zipper tracks. Even, its cramped, overheated feet result in disturbed sleep, and foot box venting allow you to regulate temps in the bottom of your bag. In addition, this sleeping bag is completed with the wicked light that offers an unbeatable warmth-to-weight ratio and a great night’s rest
Listed above are some of the best cheap sleeping bag for backpacking you can find on the market now and fit most budgets.