- 1 Best Flashlight For Deer Hunting – Buying Guide and Reviews
- 1.1 1. Streamlight TLR-1 HL
- 1.2 Streamlight TLR-1 HL Rail-Mounted Tactical Light
- 1.3 Quick Specs
- 1.4 Streamlight TLR-1HL Specifications
- 1.5 Streamlight TLR-1 Pros
- 1.6 Streamlight TLR-1 Cons
- 1.7 2. Streamlight Flashlights – the 88040 ProTAC HL
- 1.8 The prime features of the product are:
- 1.9 3. FENIX Flashlights – TK35 Ultimate Edition
- 1.10 4. Fenix PD35 2014 Edition Review – LED Tactical Flashlight
- 1.11 5. Brightest Flashlight – CREE Nightcore Tiny Monster TM26
- 1.12 Best Flashlight For Deer Hunting (and How to Choose the One That’s Right for You)
- 1.13 Which Flashlight Should I Use?
Best Flashlight For Deer Hunting – Buying Guide and Reviews
For the best flashlight for deer hunting lights we have carefully selected the particular hunting flashlight models that will help you hunt deer at night easily. They were picked due to being able to meet the following criteria: body, coating, LED lighting, lumen output, reflector quality, and power features. You’ll want to do some cursory research yourself and find the best flashlight for deer hunting for the money that will fit your unique purposes, and your pocket.
First, write down the most important features that the hunting flashlight must have for you and the most important uses you will put your flashlight too. Compare the features you seek to ones in the product descriptions and you’ll find the right tactical lights for you.
When it comes to tactical flashlights, making the right choice is important since it will save you the money and disappointment of having to experiment with cheap models. Consider the Streamlight TLR-1 HL flashlight as an investment that comes in handy when you need maximum illumination and reliability.
Streamlight TLR-1 HL Rail-Mounted Tactical Light
Title: Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL High Lumen Rail-Mounted Tactical Light
Lumens: 630 lm
Weight: 4.2 ounces
Batteries: 2 CR123A batteries required. (included)
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
Streamlight TLR-1HL Specifications
The Streamlight TLR-1 HL is a tactical flashlight that is rail mounted, produces approximately 630 lumens using its C4 LED light. The light is bright enough which is a crucial factor when it comes to tactical flashlights.
It is designed using 6000 series aircraft aluminium having an anodized finish that comes with a shock mounted high temperature glass lens. Furthermore, the flashlight has been equipped with a strobe function.
Made from 6000 series aircraft machine aluminium, it has a metal construction that gives it a unique solid feel and great appearance compared to other flashlights made from cheap plastic. The aluminium also helps it withstand harsh conditions making it both durable and exceptional.
It is designed to produce optimum peripheral illumination thanks to its TLR optic, which produces an intense beam putting many other models to shame. For consistent illumination level, the flashlight has a solid-state current for regulation. The flashlight weighs 7.2 ounces with an average battery life of 1.25 hours.
The Streamlight TLR-1 HL (69260) is a product from the reputable company, Streamlight flashlights, which has been making great products since 1973. The company is renowned for their great workmanship in tactical flashlights and this 69260 model is no exception. It comes with a lifetime warranty that proves how confident Streamlight is about their products being defect-free, including their LED.
The flashlight securely fits a wide range of weapons. It can be easily mounted on different weapons. A tactical flashlight is designed for other reasons than just the general uses that everyday flashlights are intended for. It includes keys for Picatinny, S&W TSW, S&W 99, Glock-style and Beretta 90two. Mounts perfectly to handguns designed with Glock-style rails. Streamlight made a great design out of this 69260 model with the tighten and one handed snap-on interface keeping the hand far from the muzzle during attaching and detaching.
Streamlight TLR-1 Pros
The Streamlight TLR-1 HL is a great flashlight that delivers exactly what it is designed for. This torch provides high quality light for the highest possible illumination. It produces concentrated beams that are able to cover a wide area. It has a current regulation mechanism that helps in regulating the current for high and consistent illumination. Moreover, it has a strobe that is activated by double tapping on the paddle. Its user programmable strobe has a feature that enables the user to either enable or disable it. It is powered by two CR123A 3V lithium batteries. In addition to that, the batteries come serialized for identification.
This flashlight might seem a bit expensive, but for the quality, durability and intense light that this 69260 model produces, then that is really not an issue. This torch is effective and can enable someone to shoot a target even in the dark. There are so many tactical flashlights in the market, which can make it a daunting task when selecting a torch. However, Streamlight TLR-1 HL has received nothing but positive reviews based on its performance, design and durability that make it an outstanding tactical flashlight.
It has wide beams that make it easy to identify a target in the dark. When compared to other models, the 69260 is the best flashlight in its category. Despite it being a tactical flashlight, there are instances where you will require light that does not involve mounting it on any weapons. Even for such general uses, the flashlight still delivers the highest illumination, from searching for something in the house to illuminating an alley.
Streamlight TLR-1 Cons
There are not many negative comments regarding this flashlight. The only problem that one might experience is turning the strobe function, which is actually relative depending on the user. Some find it appropriate while some might prefer the design being a bit different. Regardless, this is something that can be overlooked.
Streamlight TLR-1 HL not only guarantees you great performance, but it also deliver a beautiful styling that changes the perception of boring designs used in many tactical flashlights. Also, its strobe offers a user friendly experience. The battery lasts a long time which is a plus considering how much light it illuminates. It happens to be excellent for distance night shooting. Lastly, the flashlight is lightweight for its size and does not throw off the guns balancing when shooting. Overall, the Streamlight TLR-1 HL (69260) is one of the best tactical flashlights and is also affordable, considering all its great features.
The Streamlight Flashlights – 88040 ProTAC HL is one of the most popular flashlights and one of the best flashlight for deer hunting. Rightly belonging in the list of top flashlights, it has more than 2500 Amazon reviews, with nearly 80% of them rating it at 5 stars. This led flashlight offers a range of different lumen outputs and colors. The output is 70 lumens, 80 lumens, 155 lumens, 180 lumens, 260 lumens, 600 lumens. Each of these can be used in one of four different colors: black, grey, red and silver. They are coded as 1,2,3,4. It would seem that of all the variations, the 600 lumen light is more popular than the others.
The 600 lumen led flashlight provides a superb light beam with a distance reach of some 253 meters. Currently, the ProTac HL is the brightest flashlight in the list of Streamlight Flashlights. It is 3.9 inches long and weighs 9.6 ounces. By comparison, the Streamlight Stinger which is rather larger – 8.85 inches long and weighing 12.8 ounces – produces a high beam of only 350 lumens. The ProTAC series provides the newest in power LED technology.
The combination of compact size with its output from the C4 LED has resulted in one of the most superbly illuminated strategic personal carry lights, considering the convenient size of this flashlight. The social applications of the light include security measures, law application, sporting goods, emergency medical services, hardware/tool, and general customer use.
The prime features of the product are:
- C4 LED technology to achieve extreme brightness.
- As with all the Streamlight Flashlights the 88040 ProTAC HL is a waterproof product. It is designed as per IPX7 Rating; the water resistance is given as 1-meter for 30 minutes.
- The led flashlight is tested for 1-meter impact resistance.
- LED solid state power regulation of this light offers extreme light output all the way through the life of the battery it uses.
- The front ring face cap has flat segments which is a great way of preventing the flashlight from rolling off a table top.
- This tactical flashlight is resistant to tremor with a lifetime of 50,000 hours.
- A detachable pocket clip is attached to the light. A holster is also included in the pack, as well as the 2×3-volt CR123A Lithium batteries.
- Should one accidentally mislay the flashlight, each of the Streamlight Flashlights carries an identifying serial number.
The 88040 ProTAC HL has three different output modes: high, low and a strobe mode for emergencies.
- High level mode has 16,000 candela top beam intensity, 600 Lumens, and 1.25 hours of runtime.
- Low level consists of 800 candela high beam intensity, 33 Lumens, and 18 hours of runtime.
- Strobe level offers 2.5 hours runtime.
The ON/OFF facility of the product is particularly convenient. There is a push-button tail switch that provides the controls for this multi-functional flashlight. The switch can be operated single handedly for the momentary, variable intensity or strobe modes. The programmable switch permits the user to select from one of three different programs like high/strobe/low (this is the factory default mode), high only, or low/high options.
TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT WITH 4xCR123A LITHIUM BATTERIES, HOLSTER & LANYARD BUNDLE
Fenix flashlights have a new version of the FENIX TK35. This is a powerful but compact led flashlight boasting 1800 lumens and Cree LED technology, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours. It can use either 2 lithium-ion or four lithium batteries. It features a unique orange-peel reflector which produces a 75 degree wide beam angle giving you maximum tactical flashlight range coverage.
The body of this flashlight is made of durable aluminum alloy with a Type II anodized anti-abrasive finish. It has four levels of intensity, from low to turbo and strobe. Also it offers a maximum beam distance 794 feet long and 75 feet wide, great as a coast flashlight. Run times are 1.5 hours at maximum output or 150 hours at low output. A strobe mode and SOS mode are impressive features of this and other Fenix flashlights. This is not a rechargeable flashlight, but interestingly, does come provided with rechargeable batteries.
Brightness Settings and Run times:
- Low: 25 Lumens (150 hours)
- Mid: 250 Lumens (13 hours 30 min.)
- High: 750 Lumens (4 hours)
- Turbo: 1800 Lumens (1 hour 30 min.)
- Strobe: 1800 Lumens
- SOS: 250 Lumens
Some flashlights are made to exceed their own quality parameters when used in the practical field. These Fenix flashlights are such a type. You can expect them to beat almost all odd situations that a flashlight has to tackle.
Firstly, this new version of the Fenix TK 35 has a strong body that is nearly impossible to destroy. So, if you are planning to be in a tough environment then it could be an ideal option for you. Next comes the flawless 14640cd peak beam intensity of the LED light source. Imagine a situation where you go out for an evening or night time forest excursion, an occasion where you definitely have to carry a flashlight. A bright intense led flashlight will be your first and foremost requirement. One of these Fenix flashlights will cover your needs and will be ideal for signalling. In almost any situation you can go for it without batting an eye.
And, this particular tactical flashlight weighs only 1.2 pounds. It is easy to carry and to take it on an adventurous trip. The hard aluminium made body is nearly scratch proof and can put up with all tough conditions that you can think about. One of the main features of this product is its staying power. You can use a single set of batteries for up to 13 hours on medium brightness because LEDs are made to operate using a very low power of battery. Since you can use it with a single set of batteries for up to 4 hours even on bright setting it will ultimately save on costs too.
4. Fenix PD35 2014 Edition Review – LED Tactical Flashlight
Do you know the Fenix PD35 2014 edition? It is seen by many as one of the best flashlight for deer hunting you can buy for the money as well as one of the brightest flashlights available today. We all know how important a flashlight is for those who are in the security or law enforcement services. But also, a tactical flashlight is equally important to a person who loves the great outdoors or those interested in personal security.
The Fenix pd35 is an led tactical flashlight that has some great features to attract people in all walks of life.
Fenix PD35 Specs and features:
- In this brand new Edition of 2014, the Cree XM-L 2 (U2) LED has a life time of 50,000 hours.
- A single rechargeable Li-ion made battery numbered 18650 or two 3V CR123A Lithium batteries are used in the Fenix PD35.
- The maximum output of the product is 960 lumen.
- The dimensions of the Fenix PD35 are: Length is 139mm, Diameter is 25.4mm, and the Weight is 87 grams – that is excluding the battery.
- The Fenix PD35 2014 Edition pack comes with two EdisonBright CR123A lithium batteries.
At present, the Fenix PD35 2014 Edition is the best-selling model that is estimated to reach 960 lumens.
One of the great features of this flashlight is its compact size and the amazing part of it is the extremely bright output that this compact product really delivers. Another great property which contributes to make this a best flashlight is its light weight. The led flashlight weighs just 87 grams and it is less than 14 centimeters long, which makes it very easy on your arm if you need to use it continuously for any length of time.
The Fenix PD35 2014 Edition is becoming well=known for delivering a spectacular 960-lumen maximum output from just a single 18650 battery. Of the six output levels of this flashlight, a strobe mode is included. It can fulfill all your requirements – ranging from regular use to outdoor and professional use. A simple press on the switch on the side of the light, is all you need to select the output mode. Since it is a portable light it becomes more versatile with this facility and you can to carry it wherever you want to.
- The Fenix PD35 uses a cree led XM-L 2 (U2) LED that has 50,000 hours of lifespan.
- It uses a single 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or you may use two 3V CR123A Lithium batteries.
- The output of the Fenix PD35 is digitally regulated and it preserves brightness that is continuous throughout the lifespan.
- The product gives warning function for Low-voltage to remind you about the replacement of the battery. Guards against inappropriate battery installation are provided by Reverse polarity protection.
- To avoid high-temperature damage, protection against overheating is built in to the product.
- The body of this tactical flashlight is designed to meet anti-roll and slip-resistance requirements.
- Momentary-on function is incorporated through the tactical tail switch.
- There is a side switch on the head. The product is manufactured using long lasting aircraft-grade aluminum.
- You will find Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish in this product.
5. Brightest Flashlight – CREE Nightcore Tiny Monster TM26
THE ONLY 3500 LUMEN LED FLASHLIGHT IN THE WORLD!
The NITECORE Tiny Monster touts itself as the world’s smallest and brightest flashlight. The current talk of the tactical flashlight town, this 3500 lumen cree led flashlight weighs only 15.45 ounces and is five inches long. It is compatible with both lithium-ion and lithium batteries, and is capable of relying on only one battery in emergency situations. According to our opinion this is the best flashlight for deer hunting you can get your hands on.
The integrated “Precision Digital Optics Technology” provides extreme reflector performance, guaranteeing you not only a lot of light but a beautiful quality of it. Its stainless-steel bezel-ring protects all components from damage. This amazing – and considered by many to be the best flashlight – is constructed from aerospace-grade aluminum. A Type III hard anodized (military grade) aluminum. The innovative single-button two-stage switch promises a user-friendly experience as well.
This brightest led flashlight has five brightness settings:
- Min: 3 lumens
- Low: 150 lumens
- Med: 600 lumens
- High: 1850 lumens
- Turbo: 3800 lumens
The Nightcore TM26 comes with 4 batteries. However, even though it is the brightest flashlight, the life of the batteries is great. The fact that the batteries are included with the product also means you can use it immediately and makes the product extremely cost effective at the same time. You can use the led flashlight with either 18650 Li-ion and CR123 batteries. The charging circuit of the flashlight is designed such that it can detect the voltage and can accordingly charge your light safely and quickly.
The key feature of the batteries is their longevity, mentioned earlier. You can consider it as the longest running battery in the world at present. There are eight switching modes including no less than five brightness levels included in this tactical flashlight. You can choose any levels and modes from them as per your requirement.
These two features of the product make it ideal for handling in emergency situation. One reviewer has called it “The Survival Flashlight that Everyone Needs or Wants”. It is powerful, compact and definitely the brightest flashlight one can find. The front glass cover is extra tough and also has an anti-reflective coating. With its superb performance and the Tiny Monster is famous for its consistent performance trend.
- The Nightcore TM26 has four CREE XM-L LEDs
- It is powered by 4 x 18650 lithium ion batteries OR eight CR123 batteries (Both of them are included with the product pack)
The Output or Runtime – using the 4 x 18650’s – is:
- Turbo used is 3500 Lumens per 45 min
- High: 1700 Lumens per2.5 Hours
- Medium: 540 Lumens per 8.25 Hours
- Low: 95 Lumens per 48 Hours
- Lowest range is 3 Lumens for 1000 Hours.
The only additional item you will need to keep this brightest flashlight going is a battery charger. Nitecore offers the Sysmax Intellicharge which is a universal home / in car battery charger. It is also available from Amazon and frequently bought together with the Tiny Monster: NiteCore Sysmax Intellicharge i4 V.2
Best Flashlight For Deer Hunting (and How to Choose the One That’s Right for You)
When using handguns for personal defense, a flashlight is a mission-critical piece of equipment when it comes to low visibility. They will help you see gun sights and your target in the dark. In fact, flashlights are handy in many situations, even if you don’t have a gun for your defense, as long as they are used in the right manner. We rate all flashlights available, including Brite Strike, Pelican, Fenix, Surefire, Blackhawk and Streamlight, so you find the best one.
High-performing, ultra-reliable, and light-weight, the tactical flashlights offer wide-ranging benefits for law enforcement and military personnel and designed specifically for those reasons; however, many people use them for recreational pursuits (mechanics, extreme outdoorsmen and hunters) because they are the best technological option. Below we will list what to consider when choosing the best flashlight for deer hunting.
All hunting flashlights need to offer these two essential functions within self-defense:
- Identify your threat: Darkness offers attackers a significant benefit. The flashlight takes away that advantage and you can identify the threats before they are on top of you. Just adding the light is often the best way to get a would-be intruder to leave.
- Disorientate attackers temporarily: When it’s dark, your eyes get used to it so a bright light disorientates you. Flashlights make it possible to confuse your attacker temporarily, which helps you defend yourself better. The best thing to do is shine the light directly into the eyes of your attacker to blind them temporarily. This gives you about three or four seconds to make your own move.
Which Flashlight Should I Use?
So, now you have the know-how of how a hunting flashlight helps. Which self-defense tool is the best one for you? The problem here is there are many to choose between. You need to think about your preference and budget you have available. Here are some considerations to make when you need an everyday hunting flashlight:
- The size: If this is for everyday use, it needs to be small enough to fit in your pocket or bag. You don’t want something that is bigger than your palm-size.
- The light output: Opt for something that has 120 lumens output of light or more. This is enough to disorient and spot attackers clearly.
- Simplicity: Strobe effects or SOS functions may sound great but they can be fiddly. Most of the time, just turning it on will do everything you need so go for simplicity more than anything else. The only time you need something complex is if you are using the flashlight for pure tactical reasons. Look out for flashlights that have one button for on and off.
- Waterproofing: This is also the most important factor, you need to make sure that your flashlight with stands any sort of weather.
- Durable: It’s likely that you will use your flashlight a lot so it needs to be durable to withstand the use. Anodized aluminum is great for this because it is light and easy to carry around. Also, check that there is something to grip it easily to avoid dropping it.
- LED: Incandescent bulbs break very easily so opting for LED flashlights are better. A flashlight with LED lighting is more durable when it comes to dropping it accidentally. LEDs are also more efficient with energy so you won’t need to replace the batteries or charge it up as often.
We have have now reached the end of this great article, with all these points listed in this post, i hope you will be able to choose the best flashlight for deer hunting with any problems.