- 1 Best Hunting Pack For Hauling Meat 2018 – Buying Guide
- 1.1 What A Hunting Pack is
- 1.2 What Makes A Good Hunter’s Pack?
- 1.3 Our Picks For The Best Hunting Pack For Hauling Meat
- 1.4 Top 10 Best Hunting Pack For Hauling Meat Reviewed
- 1.4.1 1. Alps OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Back Pack
- 1.4.2 2. Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack
- 1.4.3 3. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Pack
- 1.4.4 4. Alps OutdoorZ Commander+ Pack Bag
- 1.4.5 5. Horn Hunter Full Curl System Backpack
- 1.4.6 6. Alps Outdoor Pathfinder Hunting Pack
- 1.4.7 7. Badlands Superday Camouflage Hunting Backpack Daypack
- 1.4.8 8. Eberlestock J34 Just One Pack
- 1.4.9 9. Tenzing TC SP14 Shooter’s Pack
- 1.4.10 10. Timber Hawk Killshot Backpack
- 1.5 Conclusion
Best Hunting Pack For Hauling Meat 2018 – Buying Guide
What A Hunting Pack is
Are you looking for the best hunting pack for hauling meat? Then you have come to the right place. A hunting pack is basically a backpack containing all the necessary gear that any full-fledged and skilled hunter would need when out searching and hunting for the big game. They are the hunters most reliable companion for what makes a hunter if he bears no gear? Also, what hunting gear would he carry with if had not any trustworthy arsenal or storage pack? For the experienced hunters arguably could state that the hunter’s pack is the hunter’s most reliable storage backpack. It makes ease of hunting and for their unique design and make, unlike the many other sorts of backpack available and on sale on market today, this backpack comes with special compartments that enable the hunter to carefully and precisely store his gear or hunting equipment in the best places of the pack specifically designed for them. So, basically, if you are a skillful hunter you most definitely will need something as one of these for they most definitely come in hand. Approximately 9/10 will say that you wouldn’t be going hunting if you opted to take no hunting pack with you. Why else wouldn’t you leave it behind? Where else would you store all that you will need on your adventure into the wild? More still, and importantly, how else will you haul hunted game if no backpack with you? If you are a hunter and you understand how the job is to be done, what and how to do it, how to transport the meat, then you know that you just have to have one of these!
What Makes A Good Hunter’s Pack?
Okay, now that we are familiar with what a hunting pack is, what really are the hunting gear it goes with?
Binoculars: You just have to have one of these, you can’t afford to start off without them. You will need a pair of Binoculars to bring into view some afar off game to be hunted down and also spot other vicious predators that might be hot on your trail preying you or for defensive purposes. These may be the daytime view type and also if you have the night view type making ease of hunting if you are a nocturnal type of hunter.
Multipurpose knife or skinning knife: The hunted game has to be possibly cut and prepared for transport purposes, skinning too comes in and a good knife saving for various purposes does come in handy on such adventures. Even a regular skinning knife can do but a multipurpose knife normally saves best.
Rope: To pull the big game out of the woods before you can get to cut it down, some fine strong rope would be needed and also for other hunting purposes too if need be.
Parachute cord: Can serve as the rope does, if needed, for making slings and more.
Campus and GPS: Come in handy to keep track of where you are going and also for knowing where exactly you are.
Lighter/fire: It could be a box of matches, a lighter or flint for starting a fire.
Tarp: Canvas shelter for the protective purpose of the elements during hunting.
A map: To know exactly which areas are the marked-out hunting territories also to know exactly where you are hunting.
A flashlight: Obviously if you are nocturnal you most definitely need to have one of these for they come in handy.
First aid too kit: You can never know what possibly you would stumble across out in the wild also for likely to occur injuries during hunting game, you just have to be always prepared for anything.
Wind meter: To measure wind speed during shooting.
Sewing kit: This is needed if anything rips be it part of the pack, tarp or anything to be sewn if need be.
Harness: This can be temporary is stored before worn when hunting is in session.
Pair of latex gloves and wipes: The gloves are to keep your hands clean and the wipes to are to clean your body and clothing after a hunt.
Camera: What’s a hunting experience if you never snap a couple things to look back to on photo? Most definitely essential.
Water bladder: For storage of water.
Hiking pole: Keeping steady on steep terrain.
Pack cover: Covers and protects the gear.
Snack pockets: Storage of snacks like candy and energy bars to keep you on the go during hunting.
These can be stored in the hunter pack but other things that are essential for hunting that may not be packed include protective clothing, thick leather boots, ammunition, gun and much more.
Now that we have that explained, what are the best hunting packs on market? There are varieties of brands out there on market making all sorts of sizes suiting your choice and here are top best hunting packs that are found on market today.
Our Picks For The Best Hunting Pack For Hauling Meat
The above ten hunting packs are the best found on market today. We shall have a look at each one of them separately explaining their uniqueness, design, brand, and benefits giving you a broader choice to choose from pertaining which among the above listed will suit best your preferences.
Top 10 Best Hunting Pack For Hauling Meat Reviewed
The Alps Outdoors Pursuit hunting backpack hunter’s pack weighing about 4 pounds comes with tons of organizational space offering various essential facilities that pertain to the hunting adventure. The bag is camouflage patterned thus matching the environment when you are out hunting game and it is most definitely ideal when it comes to hunting out in the world for the features it comes with such as the storage section of the hunter’s knife or scope, two reinforced pockets for accommodation of clip-style holsters on the belt the pack comes along with, a rain protection cover, a rain cover to keep the gear inside dry and safe during wet weather hunting. For hauling meat, it has an aluminum frame. The bag is also convenient in that additionally, it also has some specifically designed pockets on it designed to hold and keep the hydration reservoir storage as you go that way when need be you have water.
You always have to be prepared to have all the right and necessary gear should you decide to go hunting. For the bag’s unique design and make, it was specifically made for the hiker or hunter making a journey in high and mountainous places hunting for wild game. If you are on one voyage in such high peak areas, then you most definitely must consider getting yourself such a backpack. The bag has added to it an aluminum frame which is responsible for making ease of the meat to be hauled once hunted animal has fallen into the grasp of the hunter awaiting transportation. The pack comes in colours of Moss Oak Break-up Country and also Realtree Xtra. The enjoyable hunter features are the adjustable torso range and waist belt not forgetting the shoulder harness which along with the waist-belt are well padded. The Alps OutdoorZ amongst its many features also has lashing straps besides the aluminum frame for hauling meat. It accommodates a bow, rifle, and handgun.
Specifications: Weighs 4.06 pounds and shipping weight of 4.45 pound, dimensions of 20.1 x 14 x 6.5” (inches) and 2700 cubic inch capacity designed by Alps Mountaineering.
Colours: Moss Oak Break-up Country and Realtree Xtra, is unisex adult pack.
- Matches camouflage clothing of hunter for camouflage purposes.
- Is unisex, the protective cover keeps the gear dry and free from rain, thus waterproof cover, comes with orange rain cover.
- The pack is very light and durable. Has ease of access to gear.
- It has hydration pocket on it, the pack has hunter’s scope pocket, drop down bow, rifle holster as well as pocket, aluminium frame and lashing straps for hauling meat.
- It has plenty of room for many other hunting gear and other tools.
- The pack itself besides its cover isn’t waterproof.
- Weak chest strap; thin strap though padded.
- Heavy hip belt but metal can be done away with to lighten load.
- Can break if subjected to overload.
It is branded backpack of Eberlestock housing new aluminum tubular frame designs curving back and forming a meat shelf down the bottom. As a model of Eberlestock the Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack is army green in colour, also available in camouflage as well, designed with nylon ripstop material, sturdy, and the bag is ideal for the typical hunter. The pack weighs about 6 ounces having a fine competitive design, especially that it comes with a gunslinger style lid having tons of accessory attaching mail, a big zipper back pocket for gear storage inside as well as up front. The pack’s large aluminum frame gives hunters the versatile with some compartments being bottom-arranged with a bow carrier. The pack has a waterproof that gives it a leg up over the other versions and the other pack side when unzipped shows the long tubular pocket specifically designed for holding a spotting scope or a hydration bladder and inside the pocket is a bladder hanging hook. The rifle scabbard is specifically placed between the suspension system and the main body the rifle is to be pulled out from its place. The body contour fits when snugged on any hunter’s back body frame and the bag for its excellent stability and comfort makes ease of carriage all day and night long during hunting period the bag having also two access points as well as lots of capacity storage. The M5 backpack has a newly designed bow carrier, outside flaps as well as there being on the front of the panel a mesh zippered pocket and sleeve.
Measures 23L x 11W x 9.5D, 3100 cubic inches, a weight of 6 ounces, army green and camouflage, sturdy ripstop material design, aluminum frames, compartments bottom arranged with a bow carrier.
- Lightweight, reachable gear, front loading and top loading area, removable waist belt, adjustable chest sternum strap coming with suspended back and fully padded design.
- Flexible design, lots of pockets for GPS, lots of stability and comfort.
- Good for all-day hunting experience.
- Lots of built-in, space.
- Bomber toughness has body forming contours at the bottom shelf part of the design.
- Dual areas good spotting scope and also has hydration pockets.
- Straps may reap if the pack is overloaded.
A hunter’s backpack coming in camouflage mode, the Badlands 2200 is an ergonomic design of physical comfortability designed for the carriage of heavy loads along with you for its truly durable fabric. It is fine hauling backpack most hunters could possibly opt for due to having the many essential hunting features making ease of hunting especially for hauling meat due to its versatility and though bulky it most definitely comes is a useful pack. From bow and rifle boot to meat shelf, pistol holster, T-5 aircraft-grade aluminium frame and tough fabric of KXO-32 lasting for years, 2200 cubic inch pack comprising of an internal aircraft aluminium frame enabling the package of loads of gear. The Badlands 2200 pack has a hydration capacity reservoir size of 2 litres, a minimum of 8 pockets amongst many others. The company designing the bag also offers a lifetime warranty further proving that the pack is designed by a high-quality type of build. The maximum capacity 36L thus has lots of storage in it, has moulded foam back support, only 5lbs with integrated rifle boot. The Badlands also has on it lots of zippered compartments for storage of freshly killed game after a successful hunt in the wilderness, has dimensions of 19 x 17 x 9 inches, waterproof silent, has ideal reservoir sleeve, has spotting scope pocket for glass protection when adventuring over the rough terrain. The Badlands is very balanced pack suiting the hunter’s expectations perfectly distributing its weight when loaded with gear and meat credit to the foam back support that conforms to the shape of your back thus helping you support the load on your back.
Dimensions of 19 x 17 x 9 inches, hydration capacity of 2 litres, made of a toughKXO-32 material for durability, weighs 5 pounds 15 ounces having a volume of 2250 cubic inches, has thermos-mould foam panels, 8 finely placed pockets, waterproof design, large zippered compartments as well.
- Specifically designed for hunting for its good size and excellent carrying capacity
- Comfortable on shoulders, harness fits well, sturdy aluminium frame.
- Ergonomically built for comfort, strong fabric, lifetime warranty, hydration pack.
- Ease of carriage of heavy loads, bat-wing feature for versatility.
- Quiet zippers and pistol holsters on pack’s sides.
- Hunting is difficult for tallness of bag surpassing shoulders.
- No boot for a bow, for it is sold separately.
- Has not enough main pockets.
- No rain cover included.
Made of nylon ripstop fabric, the Alps OutdoorZ Commander+ Pack Bag is indeed durable tried and tested in harsh winter conditions with the passing of months proved it to be most definitely valuable. It’s design making it ideal for hauling meat because of its size also because the hunter bag is a torso size kind of backpack. With a maximum capacity of 86L, comprising of an externally located metal frame, crossbow or rifle type of fastening system side pockets with zippers the pack really makes hunting a thrill. The Alps OutdoorZ Commander is a pack basically designed to have all the hunter’s gear in storage for the many pockets it comes with and at seven pounds five oz, though heavy for it’s designed purpose hardly would you find it’s bulkiness a concern. For its unique design, the Alps OutdoorZ Commander+ Pack Bag is good for elk hunting proving to be useful for the hunters that go out into the wild for more than a day hunting wild game. Coming with lashing straps, webbing loops, lower door accessibility inside the pack’s door pocket with a divider. The pack has latches, holsters, drawcords, rifle and spotting scope among many others. The pack hasn’t got an enclosed freight frame one is limited by the size of their meat load but only restricted by the size and amount of what is to be carried. Also, one can remove exterior bag making use of the tubular metal frame as what one heavy duty stand-alone meat carrier. Easy carriage of food and gear in the pack, and also used for hydration purposes. This is one of the best hunting pack for hauling meat you can not afford to miss.
Nylon ripstop fabric design, dimensions of 15.4vx 6.7 x 2.4 inches, having a weight of 7 pounds 5oz, 86L load carrying capacity, hauling of meat and carriage, rifle holder, bag holder and a freight frame are amongst its many features.
- Nylon ripstop is very durable fabric, compatibility of hydration reservoir with much easy to access, rifle pockets and spotting scope.
- Tubular metal external metal support, with a crossbow as well as rifle system of fastening.
- Has lots of loops, webbing used to attach more tools.
- Valuable pack quality withstanding elements of weather.
- Ease of access to stuff, detachable bag for hauling of meat, gear etc. Multipurpose pockets giving you room for the fitting of things.
- Holding to support ono bar essential for heavy loads.
- Regular adjustments whilst walking.
- Too bulky to carry.
The Horn hunter full curl system backpack is a hunter pack designed by Sportsman’s Outdoor Products and though a bit too heavy, hauling of meat is made easy with this pack because it basically has its weight determined by how much gear with which you load it. The Horn Hunter comes with three-colour design colour of APG Realtree, Stone and Mossy Oak the pack having HH13 Hybrid Full Curl Frame, having all-new Pockets on the wings larger enough to reach the load, an adjustable torso system, the pack making ease of packing in with proper secure, comes with Batwing attachment. The Horn hunter has suitable frame pouches fitting well on the user’s back and for being big, comes with tons of space for loading it will hunting gear especially for its compartmentalisation making ease of gear access as you go about your hunting. The Horn hunter is also well known for its excellent hydration compatibility providing you with the much-needed water on your journey also because of its very much secure credits to its myriad of straps designed on it and fortunately, there is nothing that possibly falls out of the pack. Besides the pack having an HH13 Hybrid Full Curl Frame, it also has an H3 tubular frame structure, lots of pockets thus making the completing hunter pack to keep your gear in as you make way through the tough terrain having no need to worry about whether your things are intact or not. Also, it ensures large chunks of meat carriage after a successful hunt.
Package dimensions of 28 x 20 x 8.5, is hydration compatible bearing HH13 Hybrid Full Curl frame as well as H3 Tubular frame structure, weighs about 7. 4 pounds same as package weight coming in three colours of Stone APG Realtree and Mossy Oak. Unisex, a product of Sportsman’s Outdoor Products having 2000 cubic inches.
- Secure gear in storage, easy haulage of meat, foldable wings for a low-profile spot and stock package, carriage of rifle or bow, affordable, lots of organisational pockets.
- Has compartmentalisation, is adjustable and has ease of access to gear, fine cushioning design.
- Hydration compatible, gun sling attachment and appropriate for long hunting days.
- Very bulky and heavy.
- Comes with no warranty.
- Often has excessive straps.
- Flimsy waistband.
The Pathfinder hunting pack is big hunter’s pack of maximum capacity of 44L having no metal frames attached to it and specifically designed to be a meat packing pack with hydration pockets, lashing extension straps, is a fanny pack of 800 cubic inches of carrying capacity, has good versatility, specifically designed for carriage and haulage of meat and it comes with total carriage capacity of 1900 cubic inches raising the whole pack to 200 cubic inches of carrying capacity. Alps OutdoorZ Pathfinder comes along with reliable hydration pockets and port to attach water reservoir for your daily journey use. Besides that, the pack comes with accessory pockets in them to be carrying things like a pair of binoculars, camera and other things Realtree Edge, weighing 3lbs 5oz total capacity of 44L with total dimensions 16 x 6 x 13 inches with 3.3 pounds but its 4.2 pounds manufactured by Alps Mountaineering the pack coming with easily adjustable shoulder harness, H20 pocket and port as well as waist belt. The pack also has a good distribution of weight coming also with drown-down gun pocket helping support of your wearable rifle.
- Alps Mountaineering brand pack having 44L maximum capacity, 80 cubic inches of carrying capacity, dimensions of 16 x 6 x 13 inches.
- A weight of 3lbs 5oz, extremely versatile, good for meat carriage.
- Padded waist belt, hydration pockets, bow carriage capacity.
- Transformation from fanny pack to daypack by unrolling daypack within the fanny.
- Great versatility, appropriate for meat haulage and carriage, good distribution weight.
- Adjustable shoulder harness, H20 pocket , nd port.
- Has Support of wearable rifle.
- Special pouch for rattling antlers fitting with a snug inside pthe ouch.
- Isn’t fully durable, had to work with waist belt
- Has no frame support.
- Though water resistant it is not waterproof.
The Badlands Superday Camouflage hunting pack is a hunter’s pack of dimensions of 21 x 16 x 11 inches bearing 7 pockets, Fits reservoir of 2L in size and weighing at 3lbs 15 oz. It’s a pack with KXO-32 design fabric having 5 compression straps specifically designed for full-fledged hunters. It is hunter’s pack popular on market on today comprising of hip-belt pistol holster, Aramid Bartacking, comes with Hypalon Reinforcements, a total volume of 1950 Cl and comprising of rifle/Bow Boot, a most reliable pack. For its popularity, it’s proven that it’s the world’s most used hunters’ pack that the many hunters settle for probably for the brand’s excellent build design, ergonomics and acute knowledge in the field of bio-mechanics. If the pack is most popular and used then it’s most like due to its because most have hunters have to find the pack truly reliable and great for use during their day to day hunting adventures.
- Dimensions of 21 x 16 x 11 inches,
- Has 7 pockets,
- Fits reservoir 2L,
- made of tough KXO-32 fabric,
- Comprising of a volume of 1950 Cl,
- Rifle/Bow Boot, weighing 3lbs 15oz,
- Realtree Xtra design with the use of 12 natural blending colours through fall,
- Spring and winter.
- Most popular pack in the world.
- Reliable for hunting adventures.
- The durable design comes with a warranty, hydration capacity of 2L, pistol holder, rifle/bow boot feature.
- Ultimate daypack for use.
- Comfort carriage of heavy loads.
- Hydration compatibility.
- Water resistance isn’t mild.
- Far to access waist pockets on the waist belt.
Yet another Eberlestock model hunting pack designed with a camouflage mode bearing an expandable capacity of 4,600 is a revolutionary related adjustable pack that can be compact or expanded coming with the hands-free carriage of the hunter’s gun or bow. The Eberlestoc J34 Just One Pack comes with compatibility with Super Spike Duffel, J-Type Zip-On Dry bag just to mention a few, specifically made to increase the carrying capacity to full 2900 cubic inches to suit the hunter’s standards. When it comes to colours, multiple of them are available suiting the hunter’s preferences. For revolution related, it’s believed to be the one that started a gear revolution of the Just One hunting pack trying to stand out the rest of the well-known packs known out there it being extremely versatile, measures about 25 L x 11W x 6D with a weight of approximation at 7 lbs 8oz. For long hiking in the wilderness, the pack is most definitely ideal. It also comes built of tough fabric making it even sell out even more for its unique design it most definitely had to be really durable in order to sell. Comes also with meat compartmentalisation for storage.
Eberlestock brand model, measuring 25L x 11W x 6D, weighs 7lbs 8oz. compatible with Super Spike Duffel, J-Type Zip-On Dry bag amongst many other compatibilities, full body hunting backpack with many zippers. Revolution starter of ‘Just One Pack’
- Compact and expandable, a just one pack latest revolutionary version, very versatile, built of tough fabric thus durable, an expandable volume of 4300 ci, compressed at 1900 ci, bears aluminium back stays, relatively affordable, high deal of flexibility and great expansion.
- Highly visible interior, compact design conforms to your body.
- Center mesh meat pouch for hauling game.
- Has many zippers, no protrusion when comes to distance carried.
- Has some poorly organised sections.
- For more capabilities, one might be forced to buy the separate accessories like Super-Spike Duffel.
Made of Realtree Max Xtra View, this hunter’s pack comes with breathable mesh pad, foldout rain cover, padded hip-belt, hydration compatibility, crossbow or rifle holding ability, enabling easy firearm usage having not to removal and many others. The pack comes with a total weight of 4 pounds and 6 ounces bearing a maximum capacity of 1600 cubic inches. For its unique design, the Tenzing TC SP14 Shooter’s pack comes with a design ideal for shooters enabling easy stalking and shooting during hunting, comprising of a split through centre to support either the crossbow or rifle, has dimensions of 21 x 4.5 x 3.5 inches with a padded hip panel, specialised zip pockets two in number, three horizontally set compression straps across face, two other compression straps, specialised and meant to go round the crossbow or gun, and the pack also specialised features such as the Dyneema bottom with loden tricot cover not forgetting the one-piece specialised quiver for hold of bungees both sides of the Tenzing TC SP14 Shooter’s Pack. The pack is truly of high-quality durable feel, having nine total compartments for easy separation of the meat from the gear; the main compartment at a measurement of 21 -inches in height, 11 inches in width and 4 inches deep. The pack also comes with a unique design offering shooting rest for rifle saving the hunter the trouble of having the need to carry tripod shooting rest whenever gone on hunting.
Dimensions of 21 x 4.5 x 3.5 inches, Realtree Max Xtra View, weight of 4 pounds and 6 ounces, specialised zip pockets, two, maximum capacity of 1600 inches, total compartmentalisation for meat and gear separation, one-piece specialised quiver that serves to hold bungees on both sides; main compartment is: 21 inches high, 11 inches wide and four inches deep.
- Durable, easy firearm usage without removal, shooting rest for rifle, compartmentalised to separate gear from meat, lots of pockets on it, Has foldout rain cover.
- High-quality design, Rifle/crossbow holding capabilities.
- Excellently comfortable stretch waist-belt system.
- Isn’t waterproof, Tough to open and access pockets, lower capacity than other hunting packs, low space for gear upon strapping crossbow
Coming with 56.2-Liter storage, the Timber Hawk Killshot Backpack is durably designed with a rain cover, coming with a charcoal colour pattern of design fabric that is strong and sturdy for its nylon ripstop material it is made of thus making this kind hunting pack most definitely ideal for the adventure of hunting in the wild. The Timber Hawk Killshot Backpack comes with largely designed frames for hunter experience versatility making it a great pack to be used for haulage of meat when the pack is removed. Also, it is suitable for a ground standing hunter for its many features. The pack is suitable for several nights hunting journey in the wild especially for its well-designed ergonomically fitting waist belt suitable for anyone’s torso. It is fully rainproof and besides that, the pack comes with tons of lashing points, webbed loops equipping lightweight hunting pack. It has comfortability is really roomy, comprising much storage, thus making it truly ideal when it comes to the kind of multiday backcountry kind of adventure as well as day hunts. Amongst its many features are the easy to adjust shoulder straps, durable, ultra-quiet twill lining, and others the pack coming with a lifetime warranty that benefit’s the hunter even more.
Dimensions: 25 x 15.9 x 3.6 inches, has 56.2- Litre storage, weighs 7.2 pounds the same as its shipping weight, designed for multi-day and day hunting experience coming with a lifetime warranty.
- Detachable rifle pouch, light hunting, removable shoulder strap pouch.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty, is really roomy and comfortable, designed for anyone’s torso.
- Comes with 2 litre hydration pack, ideal for remote area use, well balanced on shoulders, easy to adjust straps, a premium hunting pack for hauling meat.
- Though lightweight, when loaded can be a bit too heavy to carry all day.
- Inappropriate for tree standing hunter.
The full-fledged hunter always looks best into what makes a good deal out of every hunting adventure and if unsatisfied with what a certain pack offers always can settle for another. It’s all about having the fullest hunting experience with much ease, getting the best out of the adventure all day and night long. Without a doubt, you will be able to choose the best hunting pack for hauling meat amongst our top 10 selections.